Tuesday, May 6, 2008

How men grade women...

I thought I would venture into the land of the untouchable conversation...that which I cannot win. Actually, I can't even pull off a draw...the conversation is one that all guys have. How do we rate women. As most guys know, and many women, there is the heavily used and abused scale of 1-10. This is common and practical. Where Jennifer Garner might be a 9 or 9.5, Rosie O'donnell comes in around a 2...on a good day. On this scale there is no personality because, well, personality doesn't matter! It's solely based on looks. Which at first is all that matters. If you are not talking to a girl a 5 is a 5. Period. Now this brings us to personality. This can add or detract from a woman's score quite significantly. An 8 can become a 5 and a 5 can become a 7 or maybe a 7.5. You can go down as many points as are available, however, in all honesty, you can only get about 2, maybe 2.5 points for personality.
This scale is still pointless. What if you have an 8. What does that mean? Nothing. One person might be ecstatic to get with an 8. Another may not stoop to that level. Here in Iraq it has become much simpler. No need to get emotions and points of view involved. This persons a 7, no an 8, no an 8.5...It doesn't matter out here. We score women as either a 1 or 0. For you computer geeks you understand. Its either 1, "Yes I would"; or 0, "No I wouldn't." That's it. I know pretty archaic right? I beg to differ.
This is actually more respectful of women. Now we are not grading you against your competition, I mean peers. You are your own grade. Either I like you or I don't. It's no, she's prettier than her. Its just yes or no. Simple and honest. I think more guys should grade on this scale. Then women wouldn't need to worry how pretty they are, just if they are pretty enough...

3 comments:

Veronica said...

i like this.. thanks

Lindsay said...

HA ha! Guys are pigs.

I've known you long enough not to be offended anymore . . .

And, no, I'm not sure the new system you propose makes me feel that much better -- I guess women don't like to be judged, no matter what grading scale you use!

(I'm just glad I don't have to deal with it anymore.)

Also glad you came up with a better way for you to weed out the ugly chicks. Have fun with that!

jk jk jk jk jk jk jk jk jk jk jk jk jk jk jk jk jk jk

Love ya. Be safe.

Lesa said...

Did you forget that you have a blog? How are you?! :)