Thursday, February 7, 2008

Presidential Political Ramblings

So the next President of our United States is now narrowed down to 3 people. You couldn't find a different group of people if you tried. We have a woman, an African American, and former POW veteran, who, happens to not be an ultra conservative Republican?!? It looks like a Democrat will be nominated as President, if you look at popularity and history (an unpopular Republican incumbant means a Democrat next time). However, I don't think that Hillary will be able to pull it off if she is nominated. If you think about the two most important issues this election, those being the economy and the war in Iraq, she doesn't have the ability to win against McCain. She isn't very strong economically, I mean, come on...she thinks homeowners need to be given a document that states in detail the terms of their loans so they know what they are getting into...uhhh....that is called the "Loan Docs"! That is the law already...Hillary, please...did you create the internet too... I know McCain is not known for being an economic genius, however, he doesn't stick his foot in his mouth like that! Now to the war...do I need to say who is better prepared to handle this? I'm not even gonna humor you on this one!
Now if Obama gets nominated...we have a new Democratic President. He is someone who, I believe will be a great President. I think McCain would be a very good, possibly great President as well. But I don't think McCain can pull it off against Obama. We have yet to see Obama's best stuff...I just have that feeling.

Would love to hear comments regarding this! Let me know what you think!

4 comments:

Veronica said...

Hey lets not totally exclude Huckabee... I mean, I realize he doesn't appear to have a chance against these others, but I believe that he does have a personal relationship with the Lord, & out of the 3 he has the best values & respect for life. I know he may not be the most experienced, but based on the fact that I would love to have a president who loves God & looks to God for guidance & wisdom, as a Christian, I will stand by him until he is out of the race! If Christians across the nation supported him, he could have a chance. Either way, God is in control & I have no choice, but to believe that whoever our next president is, God has put them there.

Veronica said...

p.s, since you can't view my profile...this is Veronica Johnson!(www.johnsonhouse4.blogspot.com & www.thehoneypot4.blogspot.com)

Lesa said...

Glad to see you've joined the blogworld! :)

Lindsay said...

Interesting debate you're starting here. Are you sure you know what you're getting yourself into?

Personally, I was hoping that Romney would be able to pull this one off.

I'm still trying to figure Obama out, but his record on life issues is scary to say the least. It's fascinating the enthusiasm he draws from his supporters -- they don't just support him, they actually LOVE him. I've never seen that in a candidate before.